BEFORE you access the ALEKS assessment:
1. Check that your computer meets the system requirements for running ALEKS.
2. You may have to download the ALEKS plug-in. If you need this plug-in it will be automatically downloaded when you log into ALEKS. If this does not work you may have to disable your computer security/firewall until the download is complete. To install the plug-in you will have to
- authorize installation
- after the plug-in is installed, you will need to close your browser window and go back to the Iowa State website (you may now enable your security/firewall)
- then go back into AccessPlus and again log into the ALEKS placement assessment
3. You will need Java enabled for the assessment.
4. Before you take the ALEKS assessment, ALEKS will present a short tutorial on how to enter answers, how to use the graphing utilities, and how to use the built in calculator that will be offered when appropriate. TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THIS TUTORIAL AND BE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW THESE FEATURES WORK.
To log into ALEKS, go to ACCESS Plus
You will need your University ID number to enter AccessPlus. This number was in your Office of Admissions Letter. To enter AccessPlus:
To see how to find the ALEKS assessment on AccessPlus, click here.
If you need help:
For ALEKS technical help:
ALEKS customer support number: (714) 619-7090
ISU help with mathematics placement, AccessPlus: